Friday, October 23, 2009

Wisdom Teeth extraction estimate?

I have two wisdom teeth that both have cavities and have started to decay. I'm actually fairly certain that the roots have started to become exposed. It's not very painful and is something I want to take care of ASAP. I would have taken care of it earlier but had many financial woes that prevented me from seeking care. My teeth are not impacted, just in bad shape. With a local anesthetic, can anyone give me an idea of what this procedure may cost me? Anyone have a similar situation?

Wisdom Teeth extraction estimate?
I'm not sure how much the local anesthesia will cost you if they can do it, but I imagine the removal of each tooth will be around 180 give or take. I recently had 3 removed - 2 were impacted. The whole procedure cost me a little over $1300.


General Anesthesia 340.00


Impacted x2 330.00


Surg Removal/Erupted 185.00


General Anesthesia add 1 unit 125.00 (I woke up in the middle of the surgery)
Reply:Estimate:


The cost of tooth extraction varies based on how difficult the oral surgery procedure is. Some teeth are completely erupted into the mouth and have small roots. In most cases, this dental surgery runs about $125 to $150. The dentist's fee usually includes a follow up post operative visit to check your healing. You should always obtain a written estimate of the fee for your dental surgery before beginning any procedure.





If an incision has to be made into the gum tissue and the gums have to be reflected off of the tooth, the cost of tooth extraction is more than a simple procedure. This is called a soft tissue impaction and requires additional time and techniques than just a simple extraction. If a tooth also has some bone covering it, it is called a partial bony extraction and costs more than just a soft tissue impaction. Fees for this tooth extraction procedure run from about $200.00 to $350.00 and if sutures were placed, the fee usually includes the follow up visit to remove the stitches.





The most difficult removal procedure is with an impacted wisdom tooth. The cost of tooth extraction in this case is the greatest due to the special care and difficulty of doing this wisdom tooth extraction. The fee in this case ranges from $350.00 to $650.00 per tooth. Some patients choose to have general anaesthesia for their oral surgery procedures and there is a separate cost for this.



hair tips

No comments:

Post a Comment