Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Why do I still have pain from wisdom teeth extraction?

I had 4 impacted wisdom removed about a month ago. For the past 2 weeks I've had pain on my right side that will surface if I don't take any pain medication. I was using OTC ibuprofen for a while but it has gotten worse. My oral surgeon believes it is an infection and prescribed me vicodin and Augmentin (supposedly a powerful antibiotic). I am on my 3rd day of taking this pain medication and I still cannot sleep through the night with pain. (First pain in the socket area, then in the jaw line, ear pain, and finally an overwhelming headache).





Does anyone have an idea of what this could be/what I can do? I leave for the virgin islands in 2 days and I don't want to be in any pain.





My oral surgeon already confirmed that this is not a dry socket.

Why do I still have pain from wisdom teeth extraction?
Sounds like an infection. Keep taking the antibiotic as prescribed. If you are still feeling tremendous pain, call the dentist and let them know. If they can't get you in, go to the emergency room.



hotels reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment