Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I had my two bottom wisdom teeth cut out over a week ago, on the side where it was impacted the surgeon made..

an incision that ran along where the inside of my cheek meets the gum. Is that normal? I don't know anything about it. There is still a hole (or incision type hole) about 1/4 - 1/2 inch I would say. I thought usually they only cut the gum. Will my cheek reattach itself to the gum? And does anyone know approx. how long it takes to heal shut? The other side still has a bit of your typical extraction type hole. I know everyone heals at different rates, I just kind of wanted a ball park amount of time. I probably being overly cautious but I am still eating soft foods like pudding, applesauce, ect. I am a worry wart... could somebody ease my mind please? :)

I had my two bottom wisdom teeth cut out over a week ago, on the side where it was impacted the surgeon made..
Normally it will take a couple of weeks for an extraction socket to heal. The reason a dentist will cut your cheek is to gain acsess to the impacted tooth and this should heal naturally. You don't mention if you were stitched after the extractions? If you were it could have fallen out prematurely. If you are still in pain or are worried just give your dental practice a ring and they should sort it out.
Reply:yes.my mom just had hers out and she has the smae thing.i dont kno what its 4.....



small business

No comments:

Post a Comment