Wednesday, October 21, 2009

One of my wisdom teeth extraction holes is larger and scarier than the other 3. I can see my jawbone! Help?

Yesterday morning I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth extracted while under general anesthesia (knocked out with arm IV).





Almost immediately after I woke up and left, I noticed one of the extraction site holes (my lower left ex-wisdom tooth hole) is at least 1.5 times larger in diameter than the other holes, and does not appear as clean cut or ready to heal as the other 3. The hole seems wider, deeper, bloodier and sloppily done. I can actually see a thin white line I am assuming is my jawbone, when I move back my cheek tissue with a q-tip. I can see the "hole inside the hole" from one of the two tooth roots (I am guessing?) and again, a piece of bone. The gum flesh adjacent to the next molar in line, (my new back tooth) is "flappy" and not adhering to the side of the tooth like the other side.





I am now assuming that slanted, impacted, half-gum covered wisdom teeth leave the most gaping, extreme holes of them all. Is this normal or did they botch up my lower left extraction?!

One of my wisdom teeth extraction holes is larger and scarier than the other 3. I can see my jawbone! Help?
It sounds normal. Wisdom teeth are molars, and lower molars have at least two roots. Sounds like what you're seeing are the root sockets of both roots; the roots may not have been fused in that area.





Also, wisdom teeth erupt at all sorts of different angles, and some many not even be fully erupted. If they aren't fully erupted, most of the structure is located beneath your jaw bone, and therefore the space holding it will be larger.





While it may take that area longer to heal since it may have been the most difficult extraction of all your wisdom teeth, there should be no reason to panic. However, if you are still in pain after 4 days, you should return to your dental professional.
Reply:I'm not sure cause I'm not a dentist. However none of mine ever looked like that--if I was you I'd call the dentist and arrange to have it checked, if it hurts real bad go to the ER.



my dog

No comments:

Post a Comment