Friday, October 23, 2009

How long after Wisdom tooth extraction can I start singing again?

I just got my impacted wisdom tooth and the molar next to it (top right ones) extracted 3 days ago. I have a few disolvable sutures in my mouth. What I am wondering is when it would be ok to start singing again? My jaw feels really tight and swollen, but with Motrin (and a little Vicodin every once in a while) I dont really have any pain. So if I sing would I be putting myself at risk at all for dry socket or anything else? What would be recommended? Thanks!

How long after Wisdom tooth extraction can I start singing again?
Ah, the joy of wisdom teeth extraction! Hope you're feeling ok. Unless it was a major gig or audition, I'd give it some time yet. 3 days isn't long, and you say your jaw is really tight, so rest up. Let the sutures dissolve in their natural time rather than because you hit a big note!


When you do start to sing again, don't freak out if your sound is a teensy bit different - your resonating space has been through some changes. Everything will settle down and you'll get used to it.
Reply:you should be okay as long as you don't suck in really hard, or at all i guess. i say this cuz when i sing i tend to suck my spit in, you know, so my mouth is clear to sing. if you don't do that, or smoke, you should be okay to sing. my dentist told me to do wtvr i wanted except for sucking or anything that hurts. so if it hurts then don't do it.take ur vicodin or advil and belt one out. ~good luck



my cat

No comments:

Post a Comment