Friday, October 23, 2009

Can I start using mouthwash on my wisdom teeth extraction?

Ok, I've been holding out on the Listerine because I didn't want to dry anything out, but it's day 4 since I got 2 of my wisdom teeth extracted (got them out last Friday evening) and since I'm going out today, I don't wanna walk around with The Breath From Hell. I haven't even been able to brush that area properly and it's killing me. The top was just pulled out as it was growing in and the bottom had to be sutuered shut with undissolvable stitches.





So if I cut the Listerine ratio and use mostly water, would it be OK to rinse? Would I be pulling a clot out prematurely or something? The face still hurts a bit because the dentist was particularly rough on my jaw because of my bottom tooth being impacted, but my mouth doesn't feel all that sore... just little twinges.

Can I start using mouthwash on my wisdom teeth extraction?
Aside from the strength, be VERY careful when rinsing with anything at all. If you swish too vigorously you can dislodge the bloodclot and cause "dry socket" which is very painful. Similiarly you should be very careful when using straws or anything else that might pull that clot out.
Reply:yes i used it the same day i had mine pulled did the dentist tell you otherwise?



car audio

No comments:

Post a Comment