Monday, March 15, 2010

Wisdom tooth removal. Any ideas on what this could be?

I had my wisdom teeth removed by an oral surgeon


11 days ago. Ever since the surgery I have had most of my pain on the lower right side. The oral surgon said that tooth was the most difficult to remove b/c it was coming in completely sideways. A few days after the surgery I went back to him because pain seemed to be increasing. It is a throbbing pain that was diagnosed as dry socket. The medicated dressing he put in the socket seemed to help a little at the time, but it was still painful. I don't know that he could see that the blood clot, b/c it is such a deep wound and it was stitched up for the most part. I am worried b/c it still hurts and all of my teeth on that side hurt. Perhaps they are shifting a little b/c all of my wisdom teeth were or impacted? Or I have nerve damage? Or does that sound like infection ( I was never put on an antibiotic after the surgery)? A few days ago I got a foul taste and when cleaning grey stuff came out. I haven't gotten any more but it worried me.

Wisdom tooth removal. Any ideas on what this could be?
ive had 2 cut out and 2 pulled out the lower 2 were cut out and were most painful the top 2 werent so bad, and i luckily didnt get dry socket but i have a friend that did (her dads a dentist too! lol youd think she would have listened to him) but she said dry socket was the most pain shes ever felt so its probably normal to have alot of pain b/c both times i got mine removed they warned me b4 and called me and warned me after the appt and gave me an info sheet on what not to do because your at risk for dry socket if you





a few were do not open or breath through your mouth in cold weather


do not suck through a straw do not suck your teeth do not smoke and dont eat or drink anything hot (might dissolve the stitches)
Reply:Sounds like an infection. You should have no pain by now. Go see the surgeon again. But try not to look to the worst. I had mine done a year ago--and they were black (but you don't want to hear this right now.) The doctor will set you right better than random people like me on the internet. but if you want to talk--drop me a line.



theater acting

No comments:

Post a Comment