Sunday, March 14, 2010

Why do my jaw and ear still hurt after wisdom teeth surgery?

I had all four wisdom teeth out five days ago. I don't believe any were impacted.





When I feel the left half of my mouth I can feel a sharp object near my cheek -- similar to fishing wire (is this a stitch?) -- and I can move a small object around on the inside cheek when I touch it with my finger. Could this be causing the constant pain in my left ear and left half of my jaw?





I'm a bit nervous and anxious because I thought I'd be feeling noticably better by now, and for the past few days, I just haven't. I have my post-op with the surgeon this Thurs, so I know I'll get some answers then, but any advice in the meantime? Please help!!

Why do my jaw and ear still hurt after wisdom teeth surgery?
The sharp object u are describing is either a remaining piece of the bony structure that supported your wisdom teeth, or a stitch, and it is probably nothing to worry about. If you are concerned, you should probably call your doctor. Also, the constant pain you are describing near your ear and jaw may be a complication known as dry socket. It sometimes happens randomly, but usually it occurs because you drank through a straw or smoked too early, which may have dislodged the clot you had there. Call your doctor about this and he/she will fix it. Dry socket is not a big problem, it just causes lots of pain. I've been where you've been. Good luck!



family nanny

No comments:

Post a Comment