Sunday, March 14, 2010

Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Pain And Stuff?

I had my bottom two wisdom teeth removed on 4/13/07. It is not 4/18/07. They were severely impacted. I have been in terrible pain since day 2. The swelling is going down VERY slowly, but the pain is constant. I also have this disgusting, raw-meat taste on the back on my tongue constantly. Is all this pain and this nasty taste normal? I'm on an antibiotic, and also have a prescription mouthwash, so I doubt I have an infection. Any words of wisdom? Thanks.

Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Pain And Stuff?
When I had mine removed, They gave me a syringe made to squirt water down towards the holes/stitches so that it could get any lingering food bits out. It was amazing (and disgusting) what managed to come out after using that thing.





My pain was eased with the vicodin they prescribed me...





Just make sure you keep ice on your cheeks (I had this thing that wrapped around my head filled with an icepack), and don't neglect your meds or the mouthwash. But do be sure that there aren't any food bits hanging out back there.





Feel better soon!
Reply:You should put ice on your jaw for 15 minutes, then put heat on it for 15 minutes. If you keep rotating, the cool with help with the pain, and the heat will help improve circulation for healing. When I had mine removed, it didn't hurt at all past the first few hours. You should contact your dentist if the pain relievers they prescribed you are not working. They can always give you something different.





The raw meat taste is just coming from the blood clot that has formed in the cavity. That's what's protecting your otherwise exposed jaw. If that clot comes out, you'll get dry socket, a pain which no medicine can relieve. The bloody taste is far better than the alternative.



software reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment