Monday, March 15, 2010

Please help! Extraction pain from wisdom teeth?

I had by wisdom teeth removed last friday (which makes this the 4th day after surgery). All four were impacted, and a couple broke in pieces when they came out.





I'm still swollen and can barely open my mouth. I continue to eat things that do not require you to chew, as it is extremely painful.





I do have one concern, though. On my lower right extraction site, it's more painful than the others...And when I feel back there, something kind of pokes out (it's movable). I do not know if it is a stitch sticking out that hasn't dissovled yet, or if it is a clot of sorts...however, when i lightly press on it, it makes a suction-y noise and goes down into the depression of the socket, which hurts %26gt;.%26lt; None of the other sites have this.





Is this normal, or can anyone explain what it is? I do not go to the oral surgeon until Monday for my post-surgery checkup... Please help!

Please help! Extraction pain from wisdom teeth?
OK..First,,the what ever you feel that moves a little could very well be a bone chip and that is not unusual. Those normally work their way up and out quickly. Sometimes the dentist needs to be the one to remove it. Begin now to rinse your mouth (gently) with a 10% salt to water mix..do that at least three times a day. Next, apply a "COLD" pack on the side of your face over the extraction sites that are hurting.."Do Not" use a hot pack...Also don't drink hot fluids as yet. Next, are you on a post-op antibiotic...you should be. Now, go to the drug store and purchase the over the counter product called "OraJel"...it will give you a good deal of discomfort relief when applied over the extraction sites.....If the discomfort isn't all but gone in two day's you need to be back in the DDS office asking why?? Stay on the soft diet until them. Good luck and I wish you well.



small business

No comments:

Post a Comment