Friday, November 6, 2009

No Antibotics today when i had my wisdom teeth out.?

I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed today....top two was impacted and the bottom two had broke the skin.The oral surgeon did not give me no antibotics....he just gave me Lortab 7.5 !!! I have read other people has took antibotics when they had this done...now i am worried.I am in soooo much pain right now and i am running out of gauze he gave me to stop the bleeding.It has been almost 7 hours now since i have been home.I also feel this boney thing sticking out of my gum under where he removed the right bottom wisdom tooth.It rubs against my tounge.He told me i had no stitches.So what could it be. Sorry so long......i am just worrying and hurting at the same time.My brother got dry socket with his and i hope to not get that.

No Antibotics today when i had my wisdom teeth out.?
I had mine out a couple weeks ago and I just got pain meds. They probably won't give you antibiotics unless your sockets get infected.


Grab some ice packs or a heating pad, I used both. And take your medication.


The bony thing you feel is common, don't worry. I can't remember what people have said it is, the bone or something...
Reply:If your gums aren't infected, why would the dentist bother giving you antibiotics when you don't need them? Overuse of antibiotics leads to drug resistant bacteria.





I had an infection in my gums before I got my wisdoms removed, so I had antibiotics, but I needed them. Wisdom tooth removal sucks. I feel for ya right now. :(



necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment