Friday, November 6, 2009

Does anyone have any tips on Post Op. for wisdom teeth?

I just had my wisdom teeth extracted because they were impacted. I had all four removed? I'm a whimp becasue i cant take this discomfort. It was my first time getting surgery done. Was very successful. Just that the post op. is killing me.

Does anyone have any tips on Post Op. for wisdom teeth?
I had mine removed about a year ago so I feel your pain!! Lots of soft foods is a must. Such as jello, pudding, mashed potatoes, soups, egg noodles, etc. Be really careful to avoid really sharp foods like chips!! I had the misfortune of thinking I was ready to eat more normally and it caught on the back of my gum and I almost died! (ok not really died, but you get the picture). Oh and smoking and drinking with straws is a big NO-NO. It can cause dry sockets which is basically a really painful infection.
Reply:Don't be like me. I ate nothing but Pintos and Cheese from Taco Bell for the first couple days after my wisdom teeth were extracted and I received my first and only case of constipation!



credit report

No comments:

Post a Comment